- Curtain coating is a coating process in which the substrate passes through the coating fluid curtain to form an even finishing film on the surface. The curtain coating is mainly designed for flat or nearly-flat substrates.
- The curtain-coated film features high smoothness, high decorativeness and mirror-surface effects, which other coating processes can’t achieve.
Functions of XMF curtain coating machine
- Coating weight is manually adjustable by controlling the spacing between roll blade and the substrate. The curtain coating film is thicker to protect the workpiece.
- XMF curtain coaters are available in coating weight from 80~200g/㎡ and thickness≤4mm. We can provide you with a custom curtain coating solution based on the pattern, shape and dimension of your individual products. Welcome to contact us for more suggestions.
The curtain coater is perfect for flat coating or profiled multi-surface coating of wood, synthetic board, plastic, glass, metal and other materials.
Two factors may influence the coating performance
- Air quality. Curtain coating needs a dust-free environment. Dust will result in a granular coating surface to affect the decorativeness.
- Bubbles in the coating fluid. The re-used paint is easy to contain bubbles caused by impurities, which will affect the coating quality. In order to solve this problem, XMF curtain coater is equipped with an independent large-capacity reservoir with an inside 6-layer filter device, which is capable of filtering impurities and eliminating the bubbles.
- The flatness of the curtain finishing film is affected by the quality and stability of the doctor blade. Hence XMF adopts an all-aluminum doctor blade which will be rough processed, fine polished, chrome-plated and adjusted to ensure higher stability.
- Split-type conveyor. Compared to the one-piece conveyor, the two-stage conveyors can avoid the uneven finish film caused by the machine vibration.
- Siemens motor and all-aluminum pump head are adopted for fuel feed pump, which increases the pump stability and eliminating the bubbles caused by oil pumping vibration to provide a better coating quality.
- One-button start of doctor blade. Higher safety offered than the manual start.
|Voltage ||AC three phase four wire 380V |
|Frequency ||50HZ |
|Total power ||3.7KW |
|Working width ||0-1320mm |
|Min. working length ||300mm |
|Feeding speed ||0-60m/min |
|Feeding power ||0.75KW×2 |
|Conveyor pulley dimension ||￠130×1350 mm |
|Pump power ||2.2KW |